Thursday, November 29, 2018

Celebrity Darling

Thrust into the world of Showbiz, 
your swift rise to fame has been surreal.
Now you are surrounded by gorgeous actors, sexy musicians
and saucy comedians.
How's a girl to choose from all these dazzling celebrities?!
Love awaits among the stars.

Welcome to another review!
Ahh, Celebrity Darling. Now forgive me as I'm still fairly new to the Otome world, however this title apparently is a rerelease. It was once called Celebrity Darling Gree. I don't really know much about Gree but apparently, many voltage titles had a gree format. I gather it's similar to their Party formats but I could be wrong. However Since Love 365 has released a year ago, Voltage has begun rereleasing some of their much older titles. Which is cool, though I am still adamant I would rather they take time to finish up abandoned titles before rereleasing old stuff or transferring new titles, regardless of popularity in origin country. Leaving things half done just seems unprofessional, but I digress.

I own 4 of the stories released. I have only played through 3 of them thus far. The artwork is at times, well not so great. But there are some images I adore. Of course, so far the rock stars have become my favorites. Haru and Natsuki both I have played through many times. I didn't care for Sho's story. It had a few too many plot holes. And the "Ending" for the happy ending was bland to me. As was the epilogue.

I wish they would have saved the marriage stuff for sequels because some of them are married in the epilogues( sorry for spoilers) But to me, that takes away from any obstacles they may have faced to get to the marriage goal. That is something Voltage has always done well and they missed the mark on this one. All except Natsuki who had a proper proposal/wedding story.

All in all, aside from the images not suiting my particular liking, the stories are very much full of drama, sadness, and happiness. You can feel the confused state of both the heroines feelings and the love interests feelings as well. Famous people are always under the scrutiny of the people. Fans and critics alike and not to mention the vultures of the paparazzi. Its as if people forget famous folks are just regular humans at some point and think that that person particular is obligated to live as they deem worthy. Kinda sad really. The game over and bad endings bring this to light very well. Those are very much tragic endings. I did cry a few times while reading them.

The stories are worth the cost and the time it takes to invest in reading them. I will add my thoughts to each story as I read them.

Natsuki Orihara - Sequel Only

Haru Shindo




No comments:

Post a Comment