Saturday, December 1, 2018

A Letter To Voltage

Dear Voltage,
As recently as last year I stumbled upon your collection of titles then I found out all of them was being transferred into Love 365, for those of us in the West. While I missed out on transferring some titles and had to start fresh, I didn't mind it because that format gave my device much more space because of it. 
Now that I've transferred what I could and have begun buying new stories and trying to finish out storylines I have realized something. 
You have abandoned an awful lot of stories over the years. Which is sad because it makes me not want to invest in those particular characters. 
Because who wants to read a half-finished story?
After listing them out I have realized, this seems to be a very bad habit of the companies. I mean even if a title doesn't do so well in Japan why would you release a half-finished title to the rest of the world? 
It doesn't seem very fair to the customers who want to see them completed. I know I'm not the only one. I'm in many online groups with hundreds who want titles to finally start seeing completion over having more and more new titles released. Don't get me wrong they are also great stories but I would hope a company that makes as much as Voltage would have the gumption to at least finish projects they have started?
I mean this is a very long list of incomplete unfinished stuff...

10Days with my Devil
Tsubasa
Enchanted in the Moonlight
Tsugumi(was given romantic side stories and placed in prologues like he was one of the love interests but never given a proper storyline and many really REALLY was waiting for it)
Chikage
Yukinojo
Kyoga
Shinra
Samon
Those four were given some wedding side story instead of the proper twisted wedding arch storyline. There is no way the mark only almost killed her in 2 paths..... The mark works the same way for all of them according to the lore you created. I read Chikages side wedding story and it just wasn't what I expected after putting so much time and money into his and the others stories... It was the first time I felt regret at spending money on one of your titles. But not the last.
Era of Samurai Code of Love.
There were 2 guys that got finale stories... Last year. Nothing since. I mean we all know they did not get rainbow and sunshine endings in real life so we are all prepared for it. Just never got the rest of the stories.
Sakura Amidst the Chaos
After seeing so many incomplete storylines I chose not to invest too much into that title. That looks as though it was forgotten right after release.
And replaced with the more expensive Samurai love ballad party, which is pretty pricey should you want to actually get the images and epilogues as well as closet space, avi items etc. 
Be My Princess
Now I loved this title and its sequel. However, my favorite guy was Yakov... The poor prince only got a main story... Zain got more love than he did. For all the talk of heir this, heir that, from the nobles who didn't like the new commoner princess, there were no little heir baby stories. :( Same with BMP2. Although that one didn't even get a princess sequel and the stories weren't as dramatic or intriguing as the stories about their grandfathers. But I still liked it. I do wish the Grandfathers who were still living all got a 2d image like Glenn did but I digress. 
I am glad to see a knights devotion get some more completions
Kissed By The Baddest Bidder
Let's talk about this. There is a constant stream of new side stories coming out while 4 guys still have yet to get further development... That is an issue for me. I want more character development, not silly side stories. KBTBB has plenty enough side stories for the time being. Let's Give Rhion, Hikaru, Shuichi, and Luke the developments they deserve... Pretty Please?

Update: As of June 2020 Luke finally gets a wedding story!... Wait wait. Luke gets a wedding story before the main fellas and wasn't given any of the recent stories No Twist of Fate, no Scattered Cards, Engagement Cruise, Hidden Secrets, Forbidden Choices, or Unconquerable Bride. Just straight to the wedding... ARE YOU SERIOUS VOLTAGE! Just exactly how lazy are your writers. How even dare a writer not give all their story routes proper stories. No one likes favoritism. And the story wasn't even that good... But it just seems like the concerns of the non Japanese customers are irrelevant. This is not limited to just voltage either. All these price gouging otome novel companies do this. Charge us out the arse for stuff but skimp on quality and sometimes lazily don't finish what they started.

In Your Arms tonight
Whew. There is a lot of guys that weren't completed there only to have a sequel created while its predecessor was left unfinished? And I hear those sequel stories being transferred now wasn't even further developed... That is a shame because the guys left abandoned in IYAT1 deserved the developments... They were good characters. 
Kiss of Revenge
Scandal In the Spotlight
When Destiny Comes Knocking(these poor guys got main stories and POOF no more development after steamy epilogues)
My Forged Wedding (5 guys left unfinished)
Butler Until Midnight(Set up for marriage finales but left incomplete)
Finally In Love Again( 3 guys left unfinished)
Serendipity Next Door(I assume this was just completely abandoned but still released... Sigh)
Office Secrets (5 unfinished storylines)
True Love Sweet Lies(Unfinished)
Thief X(left unfinished)
My Sweet Body Guard(only 1 guy got full completion the rest forgotten)
Dangerous Seduction(Another where only the face of the title got a full completion while the others were unfinished)
First Love Diaries(The stories play out like it will follow them through their marriage story at least if not family as well but it stops right around college? It leaves many things unanswered)
Kiss Me on Clover Hill(Somehow I feel that wasn't fully completed Either)
Dreamy Days in West Tokyo( A main love interest was even incomplete not to mention Reiji and Koh not getting completed... Two guys I like most over the main guys.)
I know a lot of people who were left disappointed by those titles Not being finished.

I understand if something doesn't go over well in the country of origin but when you release it to the rest of the world they would expect to see proper completions to stories they invest a ton of their hard earned money into... Those are a lot of titles that were only half finished.
Anyway, I'm not trying to sound like one of those annoying customers, I just. I spend a lot of money I really shouldn't on these worlds you create. I'm homebound. And ill. Reading is my only escape since I can't leave my home often due to my own illness and so I grow impatient waiting for stories I've invested time and money into to finally see more development only to be introduced to new titles that also eventually end up not completed. (When Destiny Comes Knocking for example)
Now if any of these titles are about to see new releases then I apologize and will look forward to it but I really just wanted to vent about my frustration with a company whose stories I adore making me feel like my time and money will eventually be wasted on further purchases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment