Sunday, November 11, 2018

When Destiny Comes Knocking: Review

This is a title Voltage worked pretty hard to hype up, but in typical voltage fashion they did main stories for the beaus and some sexy time epilogues then turned their back on it. This is the one thing that really gets on my nerves with voltage titles. I am always reluctant to invest my time and money into their titles because I know at some point they will stop creating things for it. I mean its taken them over a year to bring out series finale stories (usually baby storylines) for My Forged Wedding and they STILL haven't released them all. They leave an innumerable amount of titles left unfinished claiming it wasn't popular which is pretty much hogwash considering how many posts all over the internet you can find practically begging them to finish titles like In your arms tonight 1, Enchanted by the Moonlight etc.
Anyway, this title is worth the purchases as they are pretty good storylines. Just don't get your hopes up for any continuations.  
*WARNING* I tried to be vague about storylines to keep spoilers to a minimum but in the end, some spoilers were needed to get certain points across. The stories are indeed worth the purchase so unless you are ok with spoilers I suggest just diving in there and giving them a shot.

Eventually, I will also add walkthroughs for the games I review so look forward to that.

First up for review

Our Heroine.

Let's talk about her first. Usually, I kinda hate the heroine in almost all Otome's. Not because she's a submissive. Because the writers don't give her a chance to pelt any of the guys when they deserve a good clock in the jaw. When I do come across a slap option I typically slap the Sh*t outta him. Cause he usually deserves it. I don't mind her blushing when he flirts but voltage heroines blush at the dumbest times sometimes. And I do wish voltage would write more heroines who defy the more dominant types. As an act of rebellion or defiance to show them sometimes the heroines had enough of it. This heroine is no different. She acts too virginal when it comes to guys in my opinion. But then most Heroines in voltage titles do act like clueless ditzes when it comes to guys. It's kinda pathetic. A 5-year relationship gap doesn't mean you are oblivious to flirting and stuff. It's just not reality. I will explain my biggest dislike when we talk about normal happy endings. Because those endings were disappointments in this title for me.

Nozomu Kaneko



Rheo Usami 





I want to refresh myself before I write the other reviews when I do I will pick up where we left off. I've been refraining from purchasing the stories I haven't because I am not sure I want to invest time into it if they plan on ignoring this title like they have so many others. But eventually, I will complete them all and review my thoughts on them here. Seiya is the only other story I bought and It's been since it's release since I've read it so I definitely need to be refreshed before I talk about it. He is another complicated beau.

No comments:

Post a Comment