Friday, November 16, 2018

In your Arms Tonight 2



Imagery ✮✮✮✮
Storyline✮✮✮

This was a title I wasn't really happy about seeing being translated because I reminded me that they abandoned the first of this series. It's the one thing I hate about voltage. Their customers span the world but if a title doesn't do well in Japan they abandon it regardless if the rest of the world is waiting for it to continue. Ginnosuke and Shoji both were Characters from the first I really wanted to see completed. They did the same with Be My Princess. Abandoned their best character Yakov while completing who I felt was the most boring, Edward, then made a sequel.

Anyway. I eventually gave in and began reading the stories for In Your Arms Tonight 2 as they released. A lot of women are saying they won't give it the time of day because its glorifying cheating and it makes the MC look like a despicable person. Well spoken like someone who never bothered to read the stories I say. I cannot stand it when people make proclamations like that without knowing a damn thing about what they are talking about.

Now, I hate a cheater more than anything, however, the MC is not someone I consider as a cheater. This girl with all her might holds back her reignited feelings whatever they may be, for whichever guy it is, because she wants to be faithful to her husband, even if he is a horrible despicable POS. Even in his own story, I would have never EVER taken that guy back. I realized right away the MC is better off leaving the husband and finding her happiness with said chosen guy. Especially after the chains and horrid emotional abuse she endured. 
This is my opinion as someone who suffered the love of a man like her husband once upon a long time ago myself.

In this title, the Heroine is in a very strained marriage hidden in the illusion that they are happy and he is supportive.
Yet one day the Heroine tries her hand at an old dream and writes a children's book. Curious if its worthy she turns it into a contest and, she wins the children's category. 
She is happy to share the news, however, her darling husband isn't so thrilled. His possessiveness takes many different forms depending on which guy you choose and especially in his own route. In one route he even goes so far as to take her laptop away knowing he agreed to let her continue writing, and she is on a deadline. He really is a horrible guy.

The the first of this series I actually grew to adore Kochi, the cheating husband who reforms and falls in love with the wife he married for the benefits. Kochi went through some amazing changes and it's what made me root for him.
Kazuya, however, I just couldn't root for. I found myself thinking how stupid the heroine was to want to ACTUALLY save that marriage. 
I found myself saying, no wonder she ends up with another man in the end. And regardless of what harsh critics may say it isn't the result of cheating. The writes give the spouses a clean break so that she may pursue her new life.

Of the stories I have read, I enjoyed most of them, except Shinichiro. I didn't really think he deserved the heroine considering his initial motives. But I'll save that for his individual review.

All in all, I was a bit harsh about this title at first but I read the stories to see if my initial critique was right, and I'm wrong. However, this is another title they also ended up abandoning before translation so I won't get my hopes up that these stories will see full finale completions. I stopped hoping for that in any voltage title as they have become familiar in abandoning decent titles before finishing what they had started.

Either way, the titles out now are at least worth reading so give it a go if you are so inclined to do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment