Thursday, December 19, 2019

Changeling- A Paranormal Visual Novel



Let's talk about Changeling. 
Lately, I have become very much addicted to Indie Visual Novels on Itch.io. I have many MANY, I want to review from there but my most recent one is Changeling.
The Main Character is Nora Lewis, which by the way her name is changeable so of course for my playthroughs, she was Risa Iseri!. Anyway. Our heroine is a snarky, stubborn 17-year-old senior who has recently moved to her birthplace so her parents can help her convalescing grandfather. She is also a Twin. Her twin brother and she have quite the history in this spooky little town. And it left their twin bond shattered and unraveling.
Now, each route has its own storyline. Nothing is the same so every path you choose has a very different turn of events. There are non-romance endings and romance ending and yes yes bad ending. I think there are normal just stay friends ending meaning one too many wrong choices. Steam has a fairly decent set of walkthroughs I will link for you. So I will not be posting walkthroughs like I usually do. Thus far my fav guys are Marc, Elliot, Ewan, and Corvin. I have yet to do William or Danny but Danny is next. Now the author claims her fav route path is saving Ewan for last because I think for her as the writer, it was her canon story. It was full of faeries and faerie lore and max evilness. There were no real outsiders in this it was simply The club members, ewans family VS Faeries. That is all I will say about that. But it is clear that it is very much the story she probably put the most of her heart into considering A changling is a part of Fae lore.  But All the stories I have played thus far are all really amazing.
There are equal parts of sadness, comedy, action. One min I'm bawling my eyes out and the next I'm in a fit of laughter and after that, I'm on the edge of my seat. Honestly, Steamberry Studio did an amazing job. I do hope that maybe they will put out some after stories if you will. Just to see where the couples and the twins go from the end of the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment