Friday, October 2, 2020

Cinderella Phenomenon

 I was skeptical at first because generally I'm left unfulfilled when it comes to a free version VN. However... I loved this!

At first, I couldn't stand MC. I thought yup girl deserved her curse. But then of course over time with each route I played, I felt incredibly bad for the girl.

Three things I wished this had

1) Epilogues of such. I want to see a royal wedding with Karma and MC. I want to see month into the relationship with Rumple and MC etc. I want to know if Rod and MC's love was accepted. I find their love to be endearing. Two people that very much hated one another found love with one another in the end. That's. Well, it's a typical troupe as far as vn are concerned but I liked how theirs played out. I don't think they shouldn't be allowed to love because her father and his mother decided to love one another. That's like telling a bf/gf they have to break up cause their respective parents decided to fall in love and get married. You cannot just forget the one you love cause in the blink of an eye a family situation changes. It would be different if they were blood but then a part of me wonders if even then, one has a right to tell one who and how to love. (I mean, isn't that what people holler about when it comes to genders and who they love? The same idea holds, be it that or poly love or even forbidden types of love)

2) I would fork out the money to buy the soundtrack of this VN. For a free VN, the soundtrack is really, really good.

3) Varg route. He would have been quite capable of turning on his masters and becoming the hero. I've seen dual personalty routes in various otome titles work perfectly so this woulda been cool. Plus, Varg was quite loveable. at least in Fritz's route.

All in all this title is worth the time it takes to play it and, if played in the right route order, the stories flow wonderfully. The play order should be 

Karma 

Rumpel 

Rod 

Fritz 

Waltz

If you do so out of order, then I'm afraid you will very much spoil the story plot. 

Also, It has been confirmed that there is a sequel in the works. Titles Cinderella Phenomenon: Evermore So maybe it will give epilogues where the story really needed by way of a story continuation. I am looking forward to it. Cinderella Phenomenon: Evermore will be officially released on November 27, 2020

UPDATE: I have now played evermore and it had everything I was hoping for. royal weddings, relationship developments, plot twists the creator is very much in tune with what her fans talk about and this sequel was very much made for them. A fandisk if you will. I look forward to her future releases.

Places to get this beautifully made Visual Novel is 

Itch.io for those who don't like the tethering restrictions of steam

Steam for those who do not mind the tethering restrictions

And, if you prefer to have them on the go on your mobile and tablet devices, there is that option too.

Android

Unfortunately, I do NOT see it on iPhone or the Apple Store. AND, the reviews for the Android version are mixed between good and bad so use that one at your own risk. I cannot verify how well it ported because I have not downloaded it and tested it out. Some say the text is wonky and some say it's great. So be forwarned its mobile port may not match the expectations of how well it looks and plays on a PC.

Give this title a go and leave me a comment to tell me what YOU thought of Cinderella Phenomenon.

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment